We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building Company, delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. We have office locations in Tyrone (N. Ireland), Leicestershire (England) and Cork (R. of Ireland). We operate in all aspects of Construction from Civils and Water Infrastructure through to Commercial, Educational and Residential projects.
Based at our office in Dungannon, you will work closely with our Buyer and wider team within the Building division of the Company. This is a new opportunity for an existing Buyer Assistant looking for a change or someone looking for a career move. We have an excellent reputation for investing in our people, providing rewarding careers and working environment. The role comes with and a highly competitive benefits package.
Reporting to the Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Company purchasing system.
- Updating the purchasing system with new suppliers and updating price agreements.
- Price checking invoices against purchase orders.
- Assisting with raising credit queries and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Assisting with compiling comparisons on material procurement.
- Maintain Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, procedures and policies.
- Undertaking any other duties as allocated.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload using own initiative to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced office environment with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- 3+ years’ experience in a high-volume purchasing or administrative role.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English grade C or above.
- HNC or above in a construction related discipline would be desirable.
- Experience within construction industry is desirable but not essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages with particular emphasis on Outlook and Excel.
Some of the benefits the role can offer: private medical & life insurance, additional holidays & service awards, performance related bonus, training development & institute membership, social and team building events.