We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Dungannon, Co. Tyrone. You will play a key role within the team in delivering quality and value for money projects to our client. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an energetic and growing company.
- Negotiating and appointing sub-contractors to schemes.
- Managing sub-contractor package’s through from appointment to final account.
- Taking the lead with all commercial matters with clients.
- The submission of all valuations and variations on schemes.
- Providing monthly cost reports in line with project budgets.
- Building close working relationship with Contracts Manager’s and Site teams to deliver quality projects.
- Carrying out measurement checks.
- Aiding with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Identifying cost issues.
- Undertaking any other duties as allocated.
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise and work to meet deadlines through using your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively.
- High level of Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced office environment.
- Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience, ideally in residential builds and commercial projects.
- Sound estimating skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing, and pricing variations.
- Good working knowledge of construction contracts such as JCT/NEC/PWC contracts.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Full valid driving licence.