GEDA is an award-winning, multifaceted Construction, Civil Engineering, and Development company. With offices in Tyrone (NI) Cork (ROI) and the East Midlands (GB), we operate in all aspects of Construction and Water Infrastructure, though to Commercial and Residential Projects across the UK and Ireland.
Due to our continued success and growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to work on an exciting new housing project in the Omagh area. Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will play a key role within the team, delivering projects, supporting others and continuing to develop personally and professionally as a successful Site Manager.
- Responsible for the construction site, including sub-contractors, health and safety of personnel, quality, and workmanship of labour.
- Responsible for the overall management and day to day running on site activity.
- Designing the short-term construction and scheduling programme to maximise efficiency and ensure completion is in accordance with the schedule.
- Management responsibilities for all Health and Safety policies and procedure.
- Management of subcontractors, managing our teams, dealing with any issues as and when required.
- Delivery of projects on time and to a high specification.
- Following support and guidance from other departments to ensure technical competency and consistency in providing feedback and information to all relevant departments.
- Responsible for all document control as an integral part of the project control
- Maintain the Integrated Management System (IMS), policies and procedures.
- Must be able to use their own initiative, taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish.
- Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets.
- Excellent communication skills and good general commercial awareness.
- A degree in Construction Engineering and Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 year’s previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience in residential builds would be essential.
- Numeracy and IT skills including MS Office, Word, and Excel.
- A full driving licence and relevant site cards.