We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. We have an excellent reputation for investing in our people, a rewarding working environment and a highly competitive benefits package.
Due to our continued success and growth, we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Site Manager. The project is a new residential build with experience in social housing or private residentials essential. Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will play a key role within the team, delivering projects, supporting others and continuing to develop personally and professionally as a successful Site Manager.
• Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the construction site, including sub-contractors, health and safety of personnel, quality and workmanship of labour.
• Responsible for the overall management and day to day running on site activity.
• Designing the short-term construction and scheduling programme to maximise efficiency and ensure completion is in accordance with the schedule.
• Management responsibilities for all Health and Safety policies and procedure.
• Management of sub -contractors, managing our teams, dealing with any issues as and when required.
• Delivery of projects on time and to a high specification.
• Following support and guidance from other departments to ensure technical competency and consistency in providing feedback and information to all relevant departments.
• Responsible for all document control as an integral part of the project control
• Maintain the Integrated Management System (IMS), policies and procedures.
• Must be able to use their own initiative, taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish.
• Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets.
• Excellent communication skills and good general commercial awareness.
• A degree in a construction related discipline or equivalent with 3 + years’ experience as a Site Engineer|Site Manager OR 5 + year’s site management experience (applicants with a different educational path should not be deterred from applying if experience is sufficient).
• Experience in residential builds would be advantageous.
• Current health and safety card (CSR|CSCS|Safepass or equivalent) to supervisor level and a First Aid at Work certificate.
• Able to manage health and safety issues to Safe -T-Cert or a similar audited scheme such as ISO 18001.
• Numeracy and IT skills including MS Office, Word and Excel.
• Full driving licence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we demonstrate through the selection for positions, promotions, and development and training opportunities. We ensure that the talent we source are developed and rewarded to their full potential.
Equality of opportunity will be provided to all persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are pregnant or on maternity leave; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.”
We monitor the community background and sex of our job applicants and employees in order to demonstrate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in employment and to comply with our duties under the Fair Employment & Treatment (NI) Order 1998.Submit CV Employment and Monitoring form