We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building Company, with a turnover in excess of £40million. We have office locations in Tyrone (NI) and in the East Midlands (England), delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. We operate in all aspects of Construction from Civils and Water Infrastructure through to Commercial and Residential projects.
There is an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work across our Civil and Water Infrastructure team on projects in NI and ROI.
The opportunity will be suitable for someone who has 4+ years’ experience specifically within the water sector. This individual will be able to bring their breadth of expertise to the role to liasie and adding value to the existing expertise within the team.
• Negotiating and appointing sub-contractors to schemes.
• Managing sub-contractor package’s through from appointment to final account.
• Dealing with all commercial matters with clients.
• The submission of all valuations and variations on schemes.
• Providing monthly cost reports in line with project budgets.
• Building close working relationship with Contracts Manger’s and Site teams to deliver quality projects.
• Identifying cost issues.
• Undertaking any other duties as allocated.
• The ability to plan, organise and prioritise and work to meet deadlines. using your own initiative within set deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively.
• High level of Commercial awareness.
• Ability to Work on your Own initiative with minimal Supervision.
• Ability to work within a fast-paced office environment.
• A third level degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline.
• Between 4+ years’ experience of which 2 years’ experience must be gained within the water sector.
• Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
• Good working knowledge of construction contracts in particular NEC 3 or 4.
• Strong IT skills.
• Full clean driving license.
You will develop professionally and personally as a successful Quantity Surveyor with an established Company that provides steady and ongoing projects. You will receive an attractive salary, with a well-rounded benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we demonstrate through the selection for positions, promotions, development and training opportunities. We ensure that the talent we source are developed and rewarded to their full potential.
Equality of opportunity will be provided to all persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are pregnant or on maternity leave; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.”
We monitor the community background and sex of our job applicants and employees in order to demonstrate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in employment and to comply with our duties under the Fair Employment & Treatment (NI) Order 1998.Submit CV Employment and Monitoring form