We are a leading Construction and Civil Engineering company. With office locations in Tyrone (NI) and in the East Midlands (England), we are delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland.
Due to continuing success and growth, we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work across our Commercial, Industrial and Residential projects in the North and South of Ireland.
The opportunity will be suitable for someone who has 5+ years’ experience with a Main Building contractor, who is looking to take the next step in their professional career.
• Negotiating and appointing sub-contractors to schemes.
• Managing sub-contractor package’s through from appointment to final account.
• Dealing with all commercial matters with clients and design team.
• The submission of all valuations and variations on schemes.
• Providing monthly cost reports in line with project budgets.
• Building close working relationship with Design team, Contracts Manager’s and Site teams to deliver quality projects.
• Identifying cost issues.
• Undertaking any other duties as allocated.
• The ability to plan, organise and prioritise and work to meet deadlines. using your own initiative within set deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively.
• High level of commercial awareness.
• Ability to Work on your own initiative with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced environment.
• A third level degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline, with 5+ years’ experience working with a main contractor.
• Experience with contracts in the ROI would be advantages but not essential.
• Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
• Good working knowledge of construction contracts in particular JCT | NEC.
• Strong IT skills e.g. MS Excel
• Full clean driving license.
You will develop professionally and personally as a successful Quantity Surveyor with an established Company that provides steady, ongoing and local projects. You will receive an attractive salary, with a well-rounded benefits package.Submit CV Employment and Monitoring form