We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building Company, with a turnover in excess of £40million. We have office locations in Tyrone (NI) and the East Midlands (England), delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. We operate in all aspects of Construction from Civils and Water Infrastructure through to Commercial and Residential projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Quantity Surveyor who is looking to take the next step in their career and work within a progressive company. We have an excellent reputation for investing in our people, providing a rewarding working environment and a highly competitive benefits package.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for:
• Negotiating and appointing sub-contractors to schemes.
• Managing sub-contractor package’s through from appointment to final account.
• Taking the lead with all commercial matters with clients.
• The submission of all valuations and variations on schemes.
• Providing monthly cost reports in line with project budgets.
• Building close working relationship with Contracts Manger’s and Site teams to deliver quality projects.
• Identifying cost issues.
• Undertaking any other duties as allocated.
• The ability to plan, organise and prioritise and work to meet deadlines. using your own initiative.
• Work within set deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively.
• High level of Commercial awareness.
• Ability to Work on your own initiative with minimal Supervision.
• Ability to work within a fast-paced office environment.
• Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline with 5+ years’ experience ideally in housing and Commercial projects.
• Working to
• Sound estimating skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
• Good working knowledge of construction contracts in particular JCT D&B contracts.
• Strong It skills.
• Full clean driving license.