Placement – Quantity Surveyor
We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building Company, with a turnover in excess of £40million. We have office locations in Tyrone (NI) and in the East Midlands (England), delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. We operate in all aspects of Construction from Civils and Water Infrastructure through to Commercial and Residential projects.
This is a great opportunity for a Placement Student to get first-hand experience with a successful and growing construction company based in the Dungannon area.
• Providing support to the both quantity surveyors and commercial manager in negotiating and appointing sub-contractors to scheme
• Managing sub-contractor package’s through from appointment to final account
• Supporting submissions of all valuations and variations on schemes,
• Identify cost issues
• Assisting with commercial matters with clients.
• The ability to plan, organise and prioritise and work to meet deadlines
• Ability to work within a fast-paced office environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent working knowledge of MS office software
• Working towards a degree in Quantity Surveying or a relevant discipline
• Strong IT skills.
• Full clean driving Licence
You will develop professionally and personally as a successful Quantity Surveyor with an established Company that provides steady and ongoing projects. You will receive an attractive salary, with a well-rounded benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we demonstrate through the selection for positions, promotions, development and training opportunities. We ensure that the talent we source are developed and rewarded to their full potential.
Equality of opportunity will be provided to all persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are pregnant or on maternity leave; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.”
We monitor the community background and sex of our job applicants and employees in order to demonstrate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in employment and to comply with our duties under the Fair Employment & Treatment (NI) Order 1998.
To discuss further please contact Christina Walsh on 02887755928
Submit CV Employment and Monitoring form