We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building Company, delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland.
Within our business we have a strategic, new and exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our team. The role of the Estimator will be based at the Head Office, working across our Civil Water Sector team and reporting to the Commercial Manager. This role requires strong commercial knowledge, with the ability to provide sound estimates to the bid management team.
The role may potentially suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has a desire to take up a more office-based role or an existing Estimator seeking new challenges and opportunities to develop and progress.
• Responsible for managing and preparing tenders from first estimate principles.
• Completing basic take-off and some BOQ production.
• Applying knowledge of various contracts including NEC, JCT and PWC.
• Supporting the bid management and quality submission requirements through your commercial awareness.
• Employing sound working knowledge of civil and construction techniques; an awareness of current health and safety requirements and changes.
• Coordinating and positively challenging the input from the wider team, including procurement.
• Maintaining the Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, procedures and policies.
• Must possess and continue to develop strong commercial awareness and a good understanding of the civil engineering processes.
• An experienced communicator with the ability to build rapport, provide excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A developed time and project planning ability to enable working on multiple projects with fixed deadlines.
• A third level qualification in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Construction related discipline with 7-10+ years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor and | or an Estimator.
• Must have 2 years’ experience within the water sector either as a civil engineering contractor working on similar projects including waste and clean water, or as a sub-contractor.
• Experience in using specialist estimating software would be desirable.
You will develop professionally and personally as a successful Estimator with an established Company that provides steady and ongoing projects. You will receive an attractive salary, with a well-rounded benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we demonstrate through the selection for positions, promotions, development and training opportunities. We ensure that the talent we source are developed and rewarded to their full potential.
Equality of opportunity will be provided to all persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are pregnant or on maternity leave; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.”
We monitor the community background and sex of our job applicants and employees in order to demonstrate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in employment and to comply with our duties under the Fair Employment & Treatment (NI) Order 1998.Submit CV Employment and Monitoring form