Location: Northern Ireland
Location: Northern Ireland
We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. We have an excellent reputation for investing in our people, a rewarding working environment and a highly competitive benefits package.
Due to continuing success and growth of our Civil Engineering team, we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Civil Site Manager. Working on a major water infrastructure project across Northern Ireland, you will play a key role within the team through setting out, excavation, pipe laying and concrete works. There will be the opportunity to continue to develop professionally as a successful Civil Site Manager with the support of your Contracts Manager.
• Ensure accurate setting out and dimensional control within specified tolerances.
• Ensure drawings, specifications and other contract documents are kept up to date.
• Develop programmes for forward planning, in collaboration with the supply chain.
• Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to works commencing.
• Chair, minute and circulate subcontractor progress meetings.
• Produce weekly and monthly progress reports as appropriate.
• Communicate programme risks to the Contracts Manager and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
• Plan, manage and document site resources to ensure a safe working environment and to achieve the programme.
• Ensure accurate daily records are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
• Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
• Management responsibilities for all Health and Safety policies and procedure.
• Maintain Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, procedures and policies.
• Must be able to use their own initiative taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish.
• Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets.
• Excellent communication skills and good general commercial awareness.
• Third level qualification in Civil Engineer with 3 + years’ experience.
• Experience in water works or utilities will be looked upon favourably.
• Current health and safety card (CSR|CSCS|Safepass or equivalent) to supervisor level.
• Able to manage health and safety issues to Safe -T-Cert or a similar audited scheme such as ISO 18001.
• First Aid at Work certificate and a full driving licence.
To discuss further please contact Christina Walsh on 02887755928
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we demonstrate through the selection for positions, promotions, development and training opportunities. We ensure that the talent we source are developed and rewarded to their full potential.
Equality of opportunity will be provided to all persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are pregnant or on maternity leave; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.”
We monitor the community background and sex of our job applicants and employees in order to demonstrate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in employment and to comply with our duties under the Fair Employment & Treatment (NI) Order 1998.Submit CV Employment and Monitoring form