We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building Company, with a turnover in excess of €50million. We have office locations in Tyrone (NI) and in the East Midlands (England), delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. We operate in all aspects of Construction from Civils and Water Infrastructure through to Commercial and Residential projects.
Due to continuing success and growth of our Civil Engineering team, we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Civils Regional Manager reporting to the Civils Director. You will play a pivotal senior management role working on a major water infrastructure framework across the Munster province. Your key focus areas will involve the management of framework programmes and the supply chain along with client liaison. There will be the opportunity to continue to develop professionally with the support of the Civils Director.
- Ensure adherence to the health and safety and environmental policies and ensure safe systems of work are planned and implemented on assigned projects.
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s quality procedures including production of the project quality plan and completion of the necessary project documentation.
- Attend sub-contractor and client meetings as required, ensuring a positive working relationship is established and maintained, acting as an ambassador for the Company at all times.
- Ensure detailed project programmes are drawn up and adhered to on all assigned projects and to regularly report progress against these.
- When applicable, to provide technical support at tender stage.
- To take responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Where applicable, take the lead in design management and review on design and build projects.
- Manage the construction team on assigned projects, including their recruitment, performance management, training and development.
- Manage the allocation of trades and labour, employed and sub-contracted – ensuring efficient and cost-effective use of resources on assigned projects.
- Support and ensure that objectives are planning and implemented onsite, attending audit meetings.
- Adhere to the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Any other task commensurate with this post.
- Must be able to use their own initiative taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish.
- Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets.
- Excellent communication skills and good general commercial awareness.
- 3rd Level qualification in a Civil or Construction Engineering related discipline and 10+ year’s industry experience or 15+ year’s industry experience.
- Previous experience within the water industry, managing multiple sites while achieving and exceeding financial and programme targets.
- Ability to demonstrate the lead role in a construction programme and delivery
- Experience of managing all HSEQ aspects involved in the construction of large schemes
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project (or similar) and CAD
- Understanding and commercial application of the NEC3 | NEC 4 or Public Works suite of contracts
- Appropriate recognised industry training certificates and a full driving licence.
You will develop professionally and personally as a successful Contracts Manager with an established Company that provides steady and ongoing projects. You will receive an attractive salary, with a well-rounded benefits package.
Employment and Monitoring form